Tunze DC 9410 not skimming

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rshahnyc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rshahnyc

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2024
Messages
688
Reaction score
215
Location
New Rochelle
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The pump seems on and I dialed it up. The water level is the same it was previously but now no bubbles.

I do have the air intake connected to a CO2 scrubber but this hasn't changed recently but the bubbles have stopped.

Any suggestions?
 
It worked previously? I would check the needlewheel and check the air inlet nipple on the pump for clogs and make sure the silencer hose is not kinked.
 
Is there a video on how to check these? Do regular tunze skimmer maintenance?
 
I do have a general video on this group of pumps and the maintenance. If the skimmer worked well before, it will either be an impeller issue or an air obstruction and the nipple on the pump does tend to clog with salt creep over time.

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new