tunze experience

ibbennyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is why i stand by their products. I just had a tunze 6100 go bad.. pump is fine but the driver failed. they no longer make the driver for these pumps so i was looking around for a driver and could not find any. contacted roger at tunze and they are replacing the 6100 with a new 6105 at reduced cost just by sending in the bad pump. you can argue which pumps are better tunze / echotech all you want. its all based on preference.. but this is hands down great customer service. and why i always recommend their products as they always always do right for their customers

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! getting good customer service is definitely a big plus in this hobby. I have found that hydor, that makes koralias, also have good customer service. I sent them an email about one of my pumps running backwards from time to time, and they immediately shipped 2 sets of new bushings and new covers. Good to know that about Tunze.

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze has by far the BEST Customer service in the aquarium industry. Roger will always call you back and answer emails. Not only that, they back their products 100%.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
this is why i stand by their products. I just had a tunze 6100 go bad.. pump is fine but the driver failed. they no longer make the driver for these pumps so i was looking around for a driver and could not find any. contacted roger at tunze and they are replacing the 6100 with a new 6105 at reduced cost just by sending in the bad pump. you can argue which pumps are better tunze / echotech all you want. its all based on preference.. but this is hands down great customer service. and why i always recommend their products as they always always do right for their customers

Roger is the most stand up guy out there at any vendor... He has always taken care of any issue I have ever had.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger is the most stand up guy out there at any vendor... He has always taken care of any issue I have ever had.
I hands down have to agree! After many years of using their pumps i like many others have went the MP40 route BUT I think Eco-tech has gotten a little bit non responsive in both their customer service along with the fact they seem to forget who supports their products. I am very disappointed in their lack of support to our Frag Swap even though this club alone has most likely bought 20,000.00 of their products combined over the years since they became the pump of choice? Just may be time to revisit that decision IMO and my opinion only!
Roger has stepped right up as far as supporting us and in the past has even attended our swap, But the Economy has effected the ability to continue this practice at this time and he will be missed. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Roger personally and just wanted to share my thoughts on this matter also.
Bill
Tunze is a Frag Swap Sponsor, Ectotech has declined offering only to sell their products @ Wholesale to the Swap.

Last edited:

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hands down have to agree! After many years of using their pumps i like many others have went the MP40 route BUT I think Eco-tech has gotten a little bit non responsive in both their customer service along with the fact they seem to forget who supports their products. I am very disappointed in their lack of support to our Frag Swap even though this club alone has most likely bought 20,000.00 of their products combined over the years since they became the pump of choice? Just may be time to revisit that decision IMO and my opinion only!
Roger has stepped right up as far as supporting us and in the past has even attended our swap, But the Economy has effected the ability to continue this practice at this time and he will be missed. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Roger personally and just wanted to share my thoughts on this matter also.
Bill
Tunze is a Frag Swap Sponsor, Ectotech has declined offering only to sell their products @ Wholesale to the Swap.

Bill, I talked to Roger yesterday and TUNZE is supporting us again this year! I just didnt have a chance to tell you yet :).

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is full of win!

mrsaltwatertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear Roger is supporting us again. I used to live about 2 miles from his shop and always enjoyed dropping in on him.

And...he and his wife are expecting baby #1 so it would be super cool if MTRC did something cool to congratulate them. Even if we did something small like signed a card @ the frag swap, it would be a nice gesture and very likely be more than any of the other clubs are doing.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear Roger is supporting us again. I used to live about 2 miles from his shop and always enjoyed dropping in on him.

And...he and his wife are expecting baby #1 so it would be super cool if MTRC did something cool to congratulate them. Even if we did something small like signed a card @ the frag swap, it would be a nice gesture and very likely be more than any of the other clubs are doing.
That is a great idea and one that i will make sure happens, I have to go to the Sign Co anyway for raffel prize description signs and will have them make a large card for all to sign and send it off to him after the swap. Maybe a short Video of the event can be done by a guy who does that and sent along with the card?
Bill

mrsaltwatertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a great idea and one that i will make sure happens, I have to go to the Sign Co anyway for raffel prize description signs and will have them make a large card for all to sign and send it off to him after the swap. Maybe a short Video of the event can be done by a guy who does that and sent along with the card?
Bill

I'm happy to put together a video. He would get a real kick out of that. Now to make sure he doesn't lurk on the forums and find out about it!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 30.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back