Tunze MAR Release date

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked last week, they have started production and expect to start shipping them the 3rd week of April.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since starting this thread I decided to transform the refugium section of my sump into a reactor but if i do go the reactor route at sone point the Tunze is definitely the one for me given the ease of access provided by its unique design.

I guess I will have a refuctor [emoji23]

calvi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know the price/price range? I get an error when I click on the product.

FlyPenFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up ordering the Skimz unit after seeing a few reviews on youtube. I wanted the Pac Sun unit but the fittings are metric and that's a headache I don't want to deal with. I also really like the integrated pump design of the reactor on the Skimz unit. I'll keep an eye on the Tunze unit once it's out for my other tank.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are in production, there are alternatives if you cannot wait, but we wanted to make a change enabling use on a sumpless system and they will now include enough hose and a hose protection to prevent kinking and I have seen the photos of them coming off the assembly line, just a few more weeks and they will be available.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are in production, there are alternatives if you cannot wait, but we wanted to make a change enabling use on a sumpless system and they will now include enough hose and a hose protection to prevent kinking and I have seen the photos of them coming off the assembly line, just a few more weeks and they will be available.

Hi Roger, please convince Tunze to also have models without pumps. This would significantly lower the price point and most of us already have a suitable pump lying around anyway, or they could be run out of a manifold.

You would simply need to sell two versions for each model and I am sure it would open up the market of potential buyers tremendously.

Cheers

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the way this unit works, the pump is very important, it needs a high volume low pressure flow to spin the chaeto. The pumps we include are specifically designed DC pumps that are sized and made just to handle this job.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the way this unit works, the pump is very important, it needs a high volume low pressure flow to spin the chaeto. The pumps we include are specifically designed DC pumps that are sized and made just to handle this job.

I thought the reply would be something along those lines... maybe I am wrong but I would expect that if you were able to match the required volume and output diameter it should get you 70-80% of the way there, but maybe I am wrong.

I do believe this would multiply the appeal of the unit several fold though.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They came in last week, Premium, Marine Depot, AquaCave and Saltwater Aquarium.com either have them or will in the next couple days. BRS should also have them soon.

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They came in last week, Premium, Marine Depot, AquaCave and Saltwater Aquarium.com either have them or will in the next couple days. BRS should also have them soon.
Will there be some kind of product review or tutorial video available for viewing of the final product? I know BRS and Marine Depot sometimes do product spotlights for newer products. Maybe Tunze will post a video on YouTube?

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price tag on the larger one is insane!

I guess that depends on what you compare it too. If you look at a Pax Bellum than the Tunze is really cheap. And it comes with a pump, contrary to most other options.

I would actually prefer if they could have an option without the pump since i have a couple lying around but hey, it is what it is.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By what comparison? Nobody is less for a comparable sized unit and that is saying there is something comparable. No one else offers a magnetic closure lid, DC feed pump to spin the algae, or a unit that can be run completely stand alone with no sump, in sump or outside of sump, 8" acrylic pipe is not cheap, nor is 12mm silicon tubing. Units that are less are not complete and by the time you complete them with comparable quality parts, you will be in the same ball park.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back