Tunze Nano Osmolator not starting pump?

champyeti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Tunze Nano Osmolator (3152) I bought in early 2016, it's been out of service for the better portion of the past year due to my old rimmed tank not working with the height. I have it set back up on my new tank but it doesn't seem to be operating properly.

If I unplug it and plug it back in it will only sometimes start up the pump to top off the tank regardless of the water level. If I manually raise and lower the float valve it'll make a clicking sound at the little controller box (NOT the pump) like it's recognizing a water level change and needs to refill the tank but it won't start the pump.

Any thoughts on what's wrong or what I need to fix? I am still trying to get its ideal height in the tank set but that's made very difficult by the inability to tell what water level will actually make the sensor turn the pump on. Has it just exceeded its life expectancy and I should get a new controller?

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually, the pump has an air pocket in it, so you have to shake it, then unplug and replug in the pump.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 101 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back