Tunze O3 or Nano? ATO advice.

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrscott25
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mrscott25

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Wasilla
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
185 + 48 gallon sump.

I use glass covers on the DT. Between the fuge and the skimmer I evap only about 1/2 gallon per day in the dryest part of the year.

Time for ATO.

Almost certainl to buy Tunze based on reviews. What I can't figure out is if I want the osomolator 3 or the nano?

I realize the nano is only suggested for up to 65.gallons but I have a much lower evap rate than most 200+ gallon systems.

Price is not my main concern....getting the right one is. Will the ull size O3 wind up running for only seconds before shutting off? ....or, conversely, will the nano struggle?

I can't find specific gallon per hour ratings on the two pumps so asking for anyone with real world experience to offer some advice.
 
I would still get the Osmolator 3 just to be on the safe side!
 
You will want the Osmolator 3 with the built in safety and redundancy it brings
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new