Tunze Osmilator Nano broken Already??!!

bigreef2120

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2024
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got the Tunze osmilator nano for my waterbox 20 cube. I bought it a week and a half ago and today i come home and the water level is low. I unplug and re plug in the ATO and the pump turned on but no water was being dispensed. I filled the tank back up manually but i left the ATO on just to check if it would happen again. The next time it turned on the same thing happened no water was coming out into the tank. The pump was running but no water was coming out. (my RO reservoir has been full this whole time.) Is there anything i can do to fix it or do i have to order a new pump? and is the pump really that bad that it would break within only a week and a half?
 
Reach out to Rodger at Tunze, he will get back to you unexpectedly fast & help you to figure it out.
 
Turn on the pump and lift it up and down rapidly. This will remove any air trapped in and it should then pump. If that does not work then the pump may be bad or something is stuck in the impeller.
 
Mine uses the same pump and it must be 10 years old or something. It won’t work if air gets trapped in it, turn it sideways and shake it.
 
Same answer as @X-37B and @Tamberav get the trapped air out of the pump. Did the res run low? I have had this happen when I forgot to fill the reservoir or when I filled it to fast by dumping a bucket of water into it. That style of tunze you also need to keep the sensor glass clean a quick weekly scrub with a soft toothbrush works well.
 
Mine uses the same pump and it must be 10 years old or something. It won’t work if air gets trapped in it, turn it sideways and shake it.
tried this. unfortunately it still wont draw water. I am going to order a new one simply because they are only thirty dollars. I cant believe this happened only a week and a half of owning it.
 
tried this. unfortunately it still wont draw water. I am going to order a new one simply because they are only thirty dollars. I cant believe this happened only a week and a half of owning it.

Unlucky! I would contact tunze as they have a good warranty. Even if you buy one, you can probably get a spare then :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new