Tunze osmo 3155, sump & WC

potatocouch

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2016
Messages
617
Reaction score
219
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noob question: do I need to switch off Tunze Osmolator 3155 which is connected to a sump when doing WC?

Logically yes but I thought I check.
 
I turn off my ATO when doing a water change because I drain the sump compartment the ATO is in. Otherwise, I'd be draining, and it'd be filling!
 
When I drain, I drain from display and return is off and water level will increase in the Sump and I think it will hit the safety sensor which logically will trigger the alarm.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new