Tunze Osmolator Connect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The connector for the my Tunze Osmolator has rusted out due to water damage. It is the connector which links the pump to the controller. Is it possible to just connect the bare wires together with a plastic nut?

mc-cro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ofcourse. I have had mine wired with wire nuts for years. at first I soldered them, but then about a year later that pump burn out, so when I got a new one, I just used some wire nuts. Just for extra piece of mind, I filled the wire nut with silicone to make the connection water tight and prevent corrosion.

I actually had to hard wire the power supply into as well. my osmolator is over 10yrs old, and during that time the plug corroded beyond cleaning, so I finally just opened it up and soldered the wires

Craig Borowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it's fine to connect the wires directly. Just be sure to add something to protect them from contact with water.
Otherwise you can buy similar wire connections at Radio Shack or any other electronics supply place.

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ofcourse. I have had mine wired with wire nuts for years. at first I soldered them, but then about a year later that pump burn out, so when I got a new one, I just used some wire nuts. Just for extra piece of mind, I filled the wire nut with silicone to make the connection water tight and prevent corrosion.

I actually had to hard wire the power supply into as well. my osmolator is over 10yrs old, and during that time the plug corroded beyond cleaning, so I finally just opened it up and soldered the wires

That's a good idea to keep it waterproof. Thanks for the tip!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 75 48.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back