Tunze Osmolator help

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a tunze osmolator ato to go along with my sump upgrade but im having issues with it. It has twice now dosed until it hit the e-stop or timeout. The issue seems to be micro bubbles floating around in the sump collecting on the eye. Problem is i can only put the sensor in one compartment (the return) as the other two are designed to stay at a constant water level and the return chamber always seems to have micro bubbles floating around in it from the skimmer. Not sure what to do on this one.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
strange... my tunze is also in the return chamber which is only probably 3 gallons large and i run a powerhead in it to make sure my doses are properly mixed. the water doesn't necessarily have to be "pee on a plate" flat for the optical eye to work.
so your water continuously flows until it times out (like 10 minutes later)? is your float switch triggering the audible alarm? also, i don't understand what you mean by "e-stop" in this instance. i've worked industrial jobs for 25 years so i see e-stops on everything... i don't see on on an osmolator.

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
strange... my tunze is also in the return chamber which is only probably 3 gallons large and i run a powerhead in it to make sure my doses are properly mixed. the water doesn't necessarily have to be "pee on a plate" flat for the optical eye to work.
so your water continuously flows until it times out (like 10 minutes later)? is your float switch triggering the audible alarm? also, i don't understand what you mean by "e-stop" in this instance. i've worked industrial jobs for 25 years so i see e-stops on everything... i don't see on on an osmolator.
Lol was wondering if anyone would catch the estop thing, by estop i mean the float switch. And yes it does trigger the alarm, as i said the issue is micro bubbles building up on the eye making it think it is out of the water and its not, I need to figure out how to keep it away from the micro bubble i think....

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol was wondering if anyone would catch the estop thing, by estop i mean the float switch. And yes it does trigger the alarm, as i said the issue is micro bubbles building up on the eye making it think it is out of the water and its not, I need to figure out how to keep it away from the micro bubble i think....
ok gotcha haha.
still kind of surprised as i've seen photos of how people allow salt creep on their eye/float switch and they still work. i wouldn't try myself though haha. in your case i'd just maybe try a different wall of the sump (front even) to see if you can find a spot that doesn't collect bubbles OR you could turn the skimmer around so the bubbles blow off to a different direction.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back