tunze osmolator overfilling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

vdubreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im sure its been answered before, and im personally emailed tunze about this problem this is the second time that i know of that this has happened, checked my sump level today and found that my ato is like 2 inches higher than the optical eye, the last time this happened i had to soak the eye in vinegar and was fine, no scratches, no bubble contact, visually a clean sensor, is this something that is a constant maintaince item? i mean geez how often does that optical eye need to be cleaned, i would expect at least annually but clearly not the case in my situation, any input would be greatly appreciated, as if i dont get a solution soon, im going to remove the osmolator and put on the neptune ATK i have brand new in a box i was going to save for a different build, sorry if this comes across angry or upset tunze its been agreat product other than this issue, and had i not have had this issue i would change, but im trying to maintain a sps stable system, and when the ato randomly does this i really fouls things up,

OP
OP
vdubreefer

vdubreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok........... so as stupid as I’m going to feel saying this i have too , tunze is a great company , the osmaltor is a great product! And i am dumb and i take back what i said earlier , i had my return pump off i had just fed my fish, that’s why the water line was so high ‍♂️, I’m sorry tunze i take back everything i said before, any of you reading this, just know it’s my fault not the osmolators ,,

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok........... so as stupid as I’m going to feel saying this i have too , tunze is a great company , the osmaltor is a great product! And i am dumb and i take back what i said earlier , i had my return pump off i had just fed my fish, that’s why the water line was so high ‍♂️, I’m sorry tunze i take back everything i said before, any of you reading this, just know it’s my fault not the osmolators ,,

it happens......

i had too much water in my sump once and was checking everything and while i was checking the water level dropped and i was like what the heck.... the reefkeeper was in feed mode and then started back up while i was checking things...

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem, but just to clarify, if the optic sensor is dirty, it won't fill, if it is overfilling, while it is possible when one is a marginally dirty more bubbles can stick to the "texture" the cause will almost always be bubbles on the sensor if a siphon has been ruled out.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back