Tunze power head power cord

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been researching and watching videos on the Tunze power heads as I’m leaning towards a pair of 6255s for my 360 build. The only downside is the cord in the tank. My game plan was to drill access holes in each top corner brace of my acrylic tank to run the power cords through. What I don’t know and can’t seem to find is whether the power cord that runs from the power head to the controller can be disconnected or is it hard wired? Looking for somebody with experience with them to help me out here? Thanks

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hardwired to the controller (this is the replacement part).

B502C400-63CE-414D-A6C4-944FCFB8E353.jpeg

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got it backwards, you put the powerhead in the the tank and the small white connector can be disconnected and you can run the skinny part through the hole of the Euro Brace and now reconnect it to the controller.

OP
OP
JC1977

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got it backwards, you put the powerhead in the the tank and the small white connector can be disconnected and you can run the skinny part through the hole of the Euro Brace and now reconnect it to the controller.
Ok so you’re saying the cord leading to the powerhead does disconnect from the controller?

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, look at the picture again,
You put the pump in first and then take the cord and run it though and out of the tank.

OP
OP
JC1977

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, look at the picture again,
You put the pump in first and then take the cord and run it though and out of the tank.
I see what you’re saying but I don’t think the cord is meant to be unplugged from the controller. It looks like I would have to disassemble the controller to remove the power cord leading to the powerhead to remove it for maintenance. I was hoping it was just a usb type cable that would unplug from the controller but again and I could be wrong it sure looks like thst cord is meant to be hard wired to the unit and not designed to be disassembled on a regular basis.

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see what you’re saying but I don’t think the cord is meant to be unplugged from the controller. It looks like I would have to disassemble the controller to remove the power cord leading to the powerhead to remove it for maintenance. I was hoping it was just a usb type cable that would unplug from the controller but again and I could be wrong it sure looks like thst cord is meant to be hard wired to the unit and not designed to be disassembled on a regular basis.
It comes apart very easily. I’ve taken mine apart many times - just a couple screws

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back