Tunze pump recommendations for new build

Mgilger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, All, I'm having a custom tank built by crystal dynamic aquarium with a demensions of 30 x 30 x 24. This tank will be a bare bottom acropora dominated tank. I have used a majority of the major branded pumps over the last 12 years from ecotech, ai, gyres but for this build I'd like to try tunze. I would like to incorporate a wavebox and have had the tanks water level placed 2" below the bracing to have a proper use of the wavebox. Along with the wavebox I'm wondering what other pumps people would recommend? 2 x 6095s, 2 x 6105s, 2 x stream 3s? Thanks everyone for your input. Matt.

OP
OP
M

Mgilger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, All, I'm having a custom tank built by crystal dynamic aquarium with a demensions of 30 x 30 x 24. This tank will be a bare bottom acropora dominated tank. I have used a majority of the major branded pumps over the last 12 years from ecotech, ai, gyres but for this build I'd like to try tunze. I would like to incorporate a wavebox and have had the tanks water level placed 2" below the bracing to have a proper use of the wavebox. Along with the wavebox I'm wondering what other pumps people would recommend? 2 x 6095s, 2 x 6105s, 2 x stream 3s? Thanks everyone for your input. Matt.
@rvitko I'm wondering if you can provide any advice?

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are controllable, look at gph and recommended tank size. Buy one size higher and turn them down for longevity.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 4 6095 in my hundred... 2 on each side panel.. i dont see why you would need more than 6095s in that tank... 6105 are significantly larger too. as in the physical size.. they may look big. in a 30x30. plus where do u plan on putting them

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back