Tunze Quality!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
DED65

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tunze reactor works very well at growing chaeto. The light is very nice and I empty a handful of algae every couple of weeks. I do have issues starting the pump after cleaning and I run a couple of different return pumps in place of the stock pumps. Now, I did not know there was a different power supply and I will definitely look into getting a couple. I have always liked the Tunze pumps and it will be great to start using them again! I guess I need to start reading manuals at my advanced age:D!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely either the glass is to thin or a magnet is too close or the magnet holder is offset. Float switches are magnetic switches, usually if they stick a magnet is holding it down. No other magnets within 4", make sure the magnets are lined up correctly, if you have the two sensor magnet, the smaller outside magnet lines up with the bottom of the bigger inside magnet and they should be on material at least 3/16" thick.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had Tunze power heads for 15 years. I'd replace them with another one in a heart beat.

Last edited:

FuzzySPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superior engineering, ingenuity and innovation. Their skimmers are stellar but overlooked for some reason, I think largely due to their simple design that just works and works and outperforms. Silent, no over foaming and nominal overhead space needed to remove collection cup. Osmolator led the way, Stream 3 with five year warranty and nominal maintenance required due to auto daily back flushing and on and on. Small, family run company that frets over the smallest detail. If Tunze makes something I need they get my first look. Everything Tunze rocks and is topped only by Roger’s bend over backwards, over the top service and support. The best costs a little more but is very well worth it.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back