Tunze skimmer with osmolator question

llovasco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the Tunze osmolator eye be installed on the 9004 skimmer? I can find documentation that it can go on the filters they sell but cannot find anything about putting it on the skimmer. There is nothing in the directions about it but it appears that there is a spot on the back of the skimmer that it would fit. Just want to get confirmation before I start moving things around.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are just optical sensors. Should work fine, but what are you trying to accomplish exactly? If it is to control the skimmer to shut down when the skimmer cup is full, You would need to go with a mechanical float switch mounted to the lid. Unless you have a defunct Ozmolator and want to utilize the sensor for something else. Remember, it has to have power and is microprocessor controlled so that is why I am wondering what you are trying to accomplish.

OP
OP
llovasco

llovasco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really trying to accomplish anything. I was just going to separate the optical eye from the safety float in different areas of the tank and had seen that the eye fit on their filters but couldn’t find any info about it on the skimmers.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just install it as it comes, then.

thumbsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think so. On the skimmer, the optical port hole is used as a vent for the air. I guess you could drill out another vent hole, but I think the way it's setup it keeps air in that little channel so you don't get bubbles in the display.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back