Turbinaria colors

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2017
Messages
1,899
Reaction score
4,014
Location
San Antonio, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know much about scroll corals. The few I've seen have either been purple bodied with yellow corallites, or a solid color like blue, green, or yellow. I ran across this frag from Austin Aqua Farms and can't seem to find a picture of a colony that is yellow-bodied with purple corallites. Is this color combo common or is it mislabeled?



scroll.JPG
 
I don't know much about scroll corals. The few I've seen have either been purple bodied with yellow corallites, or a solid color like blue, green, or yellow. I ran across this frag from Austin Aqua Farms and can't seem to find a picture of a colony that is yellow-bodied with purple corallites. Is this color combo common or is it mislabeled?



scroll.JPG

I am not saying a Turbinaria with the colors depicted above doesn't exist, but I've never seen one with those colors. I also don't have any experience with this particular vendor. Are Austin Aqua Farms' pictures generally representative of their coral, folks?
 
I am not saying a Turbinaria with the colors depicted above doesn't exist, but I've never seen one with those colors. I also don't have any experience with this particular vendor. Are Austin Aqua Farms' pictures generally representative of their coral, folks?

They are a respected vendor, and from my experience they don't go to great lengths to post process photos. Most of their photos appear to be under mostly whites.

https://www.austinaquafarms.com/shop/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new