Turbinaria water quality

Firefenex

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2020
Messages
15
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short. I got new lights over the summer and watched the turbinaria go from yellow to a nice dull red undertone and growth for the first time ever. That took may 3 months. After 2 months away, I have returned to a tank filled with cyano, but a growth in most coral including the turbinaria. One new thing is that it had a green flourescent tint in some spots. My question is , if you have one, does your prefer dirtier water or clean water and is the green tint normal?first pick is before I left for 2 months, second pick is from a couple days ago, I'll try to get a good pick in the afternoon tomorrow

20200820_194655.jpg 20210102_020410.jpg
 
They don't require anything special in terms of water quality (typical LPS requirements). I use to have one for several years that grew a good size. It was all green but polyp extension was so vast the base never showed.
1:05 mark of the video is a good shot of it
 
They don't require anything special in terms of water quality (typical LPS requirements). I use to have one for several years that grew a good size. It was all green but polyp extension was so vast the base never showed.
1:05 mark of the video is a good shot of it

Thats a crazy amount of extension. I wouldn't habe even guessed it was a turbinaria lol
 
Long story short. I got new lights over the summer and watched the turbinaria go from yellow to a nice dull red undertone and growth for the first time ever. That took may 3 months. After 2 months away, I have returned to a tank filled with cyano, but a growth in most coral including the turbinaria. One new thing is that it had a green flourescent tint in some spots. My question is , if you have one, does your prefer dirtier water or clean water and is the green tint normal?first pick is before I left for 2 months, second pick is from a couple days ago, I'll try to get a good pick in the afternoon tomorrow

20200820_194655.jpg 20210102_020410.jpg
Updated pic. You can see the slightly green patches
 

Attachments

  • 20210102_162039.jpg
    20210102_162039.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 57

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new