Turbinaria water quality

Firefenex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short. I got new lights over the summer and watched the turbinaria go from yellow to a nice dull red undertone and growth for the first time ever. That took may 3 months. After 2 months away, I have returned to a tank filled with cyano, but a growth in most coral including the turbinaria. One new thing is that it had a green flourescent tint in some spots. My question is , if you have one, does your prefer dirtier water or clean water and is the green tint normal?first pick is before I left for 2 months, second pick is from a couple days ago, I'll try to get a good pick in the afternoon tomorrow

20200820_194655.jpg 20210102_020410.jpg

stanlalee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't require anything special in terms of water quality (typical LPS requirements). I use to have one for several years that grew a good size. It was all green but polyp extension was so vast the base never showed.
1:05 mark of the video is a good shot of it

OP
OP
Firefenex

Firefenex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't require anything special in terms of water quality (typical LPS requirements). I use to have one for several years that grew a good size. It was all green but polyp extension was so vast the base never showed.
1:05 mark of the video is a good shot of it

Thats a crazy amount of extension. I wouldn't habe even guessed it was a turbinaria lol

OP
OP
Firefenex

Firefenex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short. I got new lights over the summer and watched the turbinaria go from yellow to a nice dull red undertone and growth for the first time ever. That took may 3 months. After 2 months away, I have returned to a tank filled with cyano, but a growth in most coral including the turbinaria. One new thing is that it had a green flourescent tint in some spots. My question is , if you have one, does your prefer dirtier water or clean water and is the green tint normal?first pick is before I left for 2 months, second pick is from a couple days ago, I'll try to get a good pick in the afternoon tomorrow

20200820_194655.jpg 20210102_020410.jpg
Updated pic. You can see the slightly green patches

Attachments

• 20210102_162039.jpg
    20210102_162039.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 25

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back