Turbo snail closed up for weeks

OscarHaglund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a golfball sized turbo snail that has been closed up for several weeks. I have taken it up several times and the “door” is still firmly attached and none of the hermits have eaten it. Nor does it smell. This seems to indicate that its alive. But what is it doing? It has not come out or moved for like 3 weeks

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion and I could be wrong but it’s probably time to get out the bugle and blow taps . 3 weeks not coming out also means 3 weeks not getting food . It’s probably a situation of doors closed no body home . :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
OscarHaglund

OscarHaglund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not dead. I watched it closely and it was doing some kind of minor movement where i can see it moving its door, it also does not smell.
But It is in the same place every day so I don’t know how it can be eating

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not dead. I watched it closely and it was doing some kind of minor movement where i can see it moving its door, it also does not smell.
Ohhhh ok. Have you moved him? I have a monster snail that sleeps in the same place every day and makes his rounds in the dead of night. He’s almost the size of a Vortech wet side.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sinularia coral shedding so I'm sure some toxins in the water for a period of time. I run carbon for it but I noticed my big snails hardly moving right now and some small ones acting wierd to. Perhaps a coincidence perhaps not.

Back