Turbo snail Q?

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long can they be upside down before they die - checked the tank this morning everything was fine - checked tank at 8pm and my one turbo was upside down with what looked like his ?trapdoor shut . I flipped him over but he hasn’t moved in 30mins ... didn’t smell anything but just wondering what’s their timeline

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the snail new? if not they usually have a favorite place where they spend the day until they come out at night... I've seen them play possum for a day....2-3 days w/o movement isn't a good sign

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give them time. Sometimes snails just sit there for a day or so and then go crazy moving around eating. Flip him upright and see how it goes. If he keeps flipping himself upside down, then probably on its way out.

OP
OP
Cstar_BC

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The snail has been in the tank for about a week and has been zooming about the glass . It’s only been upside down for what I can assume is 12 hours - but when I flipped it over it didn’t immediately come back out .

will go down and check again however was just wondering if there was a guideline on how long they can last

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%

Back