Turbo start? How many fish at a time

MACHO

R-E-E-F-I-N-G What does that spell!! Money Pit!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello wonderful people well I added turbo start and a damsel last night doing fine no ammonia my question is how long should I wait to add my other fish 2 cardinals 3 clowns a yellow sailfish and blue powder
And just a heads up I would love to make the quick because I’m leaving for a week to go to California next week

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd highly recommend you do not add any fish until you get back from your trip. You should be monitoring them closely, not being unavailable for 7 days after you toss them in.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to be cautious. The bacteria can take around 48 hours to divide (I think, but I can send the video if you are interested).

If you need to add all of them before you leave, consider getting another (and rather) large bottle of bacteria and dumping the whole thing in with the fish. If they are all small, this should be fine. It is too difficult to say how many fish can be supported by a single bottle, thus adding a second and large bottle would be the best choice if you have to move them in more quickly.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello wonderful people well I added turbo start and a damsel last night doing fine no ammonia my question is how long should I wait to add my other fish 2 cardinals 3 clowns a yellow sailfish and blue powder
And just a heads up I would love to make the quick because I’m leaving for a week to go to California next week
Is the nitrite level increasing? That would be a more sensitive measurement of ammonia processing.

As for stocking more fish and leaving town, that is generally not a good move at any time.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back