Turf scrubber ice cap or adaptive reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishTacos2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FishTacos2

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2021
Messages
115
Reaction score
86
Location
Cali
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says I’m between the icecap and adaptive reef/AI turf scrubber.

Icecap is cheaper and from what I can tell does the same thing. One difference is the noise. My wife wants the tank close to silent.

Any opinions?
 
I like the icecap. I had the small size running on my old tank and it worked well. Very quiet.

I upgraded to a larger tank and since upgraded to a larger scrubber. The small icecap is for sale if you’re interested.
 
I’m interested but it’s $282 at saltwateraquarium.com. Not sure how the pricing would work for you if we include shipping.

Is it the older model? Do the lights have one plug or 2 plugs?
 
I have a clear water cw300. Basically the adaptive reef model before the company was bought out. Personally like the look of it better but it does what it needs too. As for noice a small trickle can be heard if your right up next to it with your ear. Technically I can eliminate the sound if I cut a screen lower and have it touch the water that pools at the bottom. But it’s not worth the risk of algae collecting at the bottom and blocking the drain.
 
As the title says I’m between the icecap and adaptive reef/AI turf scrubber.

Icecap is cheaper and from what I can tell does the same thing. One difference is the noise. My wife wants the tank close to silent.

Any opinions?
If noise is the main concern, I’d probably spend the extra on the Adaptive Reef. The IceCap seems like a solid option for the money though. Honestly, I’d pick based on how loud the pump/water flow actually is in your setup.
 
I’m interested but it’s $282 at saltwateraquarium.com. Not sure how the pricing would work for you if we include shipping.

Is it the older model? Do the lights have one plug or 2 plugs?
Sent you some pictures. The unit is basically brand new. Hoping someone is looking for a deal!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new