Turf scrubber with bactobalance

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was wondering does anyone run turf scrubber or macro algae with a carbon dose product such as bacto balance which helps keep the balance in check. I was wondering if you have to choose one or the other or if they can work well together. Comments and suggestions are.welcome, just need it for nutrient co trol of phosphates and nitrates. I am at 5 to 6 ppm nitrate and sometimes.phosphsye creeps up to .1 ppm with turf scrubber 18 on 6 off.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering does anyone run turf scrubber or macro algae with a carbon dose product such as bacto balance which helps keep the balance in check. I was wondering if you have to choose one or the other or if they can work well together. Comments and suggestions are.welcome, just need it for nutrient co trol of phosphates and nitrates. I am at 5 to 6 ppm nitrate and sometimes.phosphsye creeps up to .1 ppm with turf scrubber 18 on 6 off.
WOW seems like your system is under control, right? The turf scrubber seems to be working.

OP
OP
X

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yes but just don't want to I guess bottom out nitrate and phosphate. So wanted to see if anyone had experience with using both.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back