Tutorial - Raspberry Pi Based Reef Camera - Web Accessible

ReefNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef Nerds this video is for you and should make a great weekend project!

It has been a massive endeavour but I have finally finished my complete guide to setting up, coding and configuring a Raspberry Pi based Reef Camera that you can access from a website anywhere in the world! So strap in because this is a really long one!

Also for those of your who want a written guide to go along with the video, I have made a PDF guide that you can download from the video description on YouTube.

This video was an enormous amount of work, so if you want to see more stuff like this, I would really appreciate it if you could like and subscribe to my channel!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent work done on making the video tutorial! I have only gotten about 25 minutes into it but find to be well made and easy to follow. I'll try to watch the remainder when I have the chance.

Something I didn't see, which may come later in the video, is mention of security. For someone brand new, it might make sense to mention how the security works with SSH as well as their network. It may seem trivial but, for someone new, would help them understand that they are securing their new camera.

Again, very well done!

OP
OP
ReefNerd

ReefNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent work done on making the video tutorial! I have only gotten about 25 minutes into it but find to be well made and easy to follow. I'll try to watch the remainder when I have the chance.

Something I didn't see, which may come later in the video, is mention of security. For someone brand new, it might make sense to mention how the security works with SSH as well as their network. It may seem trivial but, for someone new, would help them understand that they are securing their new camera.

Again, very well done!

Hey thanks for the feedback!

Good point on the security, I dont go into much detail other than mentioning at the time we are editing on the config file on the UV4L server that a password can be set while your in there. But I really should have encouraged people to change the default username and password for their SSH access on the Pi too.

Back