Tuxedo urchin plowing through zoanthids

  • Thread starter Thread starter drolmaeye
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

drolmaeye

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2022
Messages
277
Reaction score
312
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over our 2+ year relationship, I've overlooked several times when my tuxedo urchin pulled away from my zoanthid garden with a polyp or two, but this takes the cake. The mini-colony in the lower left of the pic is actually the 40-50 polyp payload of my tuxedo urchin. Anyway, after a few years of reefing I still enjoy seeing new stuff in my tank.
20250722_072804.jpg

20250721_170324(1).jpg
 
Over our 2+ year relationship, I've overlooked several times when my tuxedo urchin pulled away from my zoanthid garden with a polyp or two, but this takes the cake. The mini-colony in the lower left of the pic is actually the 40-50 polyp payload of my tuxedo urchin. Anyway, after a few years of reefing I still enjoy seeing new stuff in my tank.
20250722_072804.jpg

20250721_170324(1).jpg
He’s actually just helping you frag them to sell. He knows what he’s doing. 👍🏻
 
Maybe the urchin will turn Orange now because of all the zoas he is carrying
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new