Tuxedo urchin

  • Thread starter Thread starter TioTom
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TioTom

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 29, 2016
Messages
111
Reaction score
34
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help I've had a tuxedo urchin for about 8 months now And now all of a sudden its releasing this white milky substance that's making my whole tank cloudy. What is it ? Should I be worried. I took it out for now just in case . its coming out through the top where they poop from

1462326059886.jpg
 
Just releasing sperm into your water column. My skimmer just pulls it all out.
 
Seriously ? Oh I was worried it was dying or something . it clouded up everything. I was just scared. Why is it doing that ?
 
Seriously ? Oh I was worried it was dying or something . it clouded up everything. I was just scared. Why is it doing that ?
Why else? [emoji4]

Often, they will be triggered to do that when there is a significant temperature change or other environmental change in the tank.
 
Why else? [emoji4]

Often, they will be triggered to do that when there is a significant temperature change or other environmental change in the tank.

Loll . oh I see i see. Yeah well I just dosed some calcium . so that could have done it . its better now. And i placed it back into the tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new