Tuxedo Urchin pooing a lot?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTA656
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GTA656

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Uk
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I bought a Tuxedo Urchin around a week ago to help with some algae in the tank and on some corals. It seems to be expelling and consuming a lot, which I am seeing so many pellet like waste and white sand/calcium maybe. I am bit worried whether it will increase my nitrates or not(currently at 20ppm).
 
I don't think you need to worry about the increase of your nitrates. Nitrates aren't terrible, just don't want big swings. If you are worried, start testing and increase nutrient export.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new