Tuxedo Urchins - interesting critters

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefruss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reefruss

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2016
Messages
194
Reaction score
139
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a tuxedo urchin in my setup since the last time I upgraded my cleanup crew. It's a diligent worker and admittedly since the last upgrade I've had no sing of algae. As to whether I can attribute this to the urchin I don't honestly know. One thing I find fascinating is their tendency to pick up items as protection. It can be a bit disruptive but it's always fun to see what was next. Mine actually tried to attach my acans to it, actually unglued the frag from the rock but I think it was too heavy to work. It has attached some zoas and they are doing just fine. When I fist saw this I looked and sure enough there was a chunk missing from the colony. Fascinating.
tuxedo urchin.jpg
 
Mine drags 3 frags around the tank all the time. I kept putting those frags back to the frag rack then it will get pulled the next day :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new