Two Bandtail Waspfish in one tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wtyson254
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yes, you can sex them. Two males can fight when they hit sexual maturity.
 
rubripinnisquickstatsfig.jpg


The red fin waspfish can be sexed the same way, which is who is in this picture. See how tall the spines are on the male versus the short stubby spines of the female. You can pretty much tell this at any age.
 
32f5dca7d74727b4e90979ccf967ca1d.jpg


This is the fish I bought last week ( has yet to arrive)

And this is the one I'm considering
2ef46e0ad84dd57f35e6681c0f1075d6.jpg
 
Top is a male. Bottom is a female. You're food to go.
 
Be aware, my male picked on the female a tiny bit at first. She was a lot smaller than him though.
 
Well someone grabbed it before me. I'll be on the look out for another though
 
Well that's funny. I thought I had had posted a question asking what those dimensions were.... 18" x 3" or ?
 
No, neither look to be female.
 
Finally got my male in today. After a 4 hour praziquintal bath (some flukes fell off), he is in the tank.
c90dace530de0782581e896ee9c9cf15.jpg
f110f3e539daa277bc31091674c59bd2.jpg


His color is 1000 times better than what was pictures on divers den. Hopefully they will have a female up soon
 
He's beautiful!! I would totally get one if they weren't so small.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new