Two cleaner shrimps in 29 gallon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fishboy15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yep, I have a pair of skunk cleaners in my 32 gallon and they hang out together.
 
Can I do this? Will they fight? Will one eat the other?

I had an adult cleaner shrimp in my 20 gallon tank one time. Although it was very pretty and had lots of personality, it was more of a nuisance than anything else. Constantly walking all over the corals, stealing food, just bouncing off the walls in general. I couldn't imagine having two of these in the tank.
I know your tank is a little bit bigger than mine, but definitely take this into consideration before you pull the trigger. GL.
 
I had an adult cleaner shrimp in my 20 gallon tank one time. Although it was very pretty and had lots of personality, it was more of a nuisance than anything else. Constantly walking all over the corals, stealing food, just bouncing off the walls in general. It was definitely fun to watch, but just a knightmare all around. I couldn't imagine having two of these in the tank.
I know your tank is a little bit bigger than mine, but definitely take this into consideration before you pull the trigger. GL.

That's a good point. It's important to understand how they behave!
 
Good point. I kinda like them do whatever. I know my fish will get food so hopefully the hermits can snack up on some left overs. I don't have corals. And it's kinda funny how they just fly in the tank lol I think I might just stick to one see how it goes.
 
We have two Cleaners in standard 29g and gets along well . I like them, very active. We also have a Fire shrimp but Cleaners do steal food than Fire.
 
I was thinking one cleaner and one fire shrimp, or the really nice colored red ones.
 
Should be no issue I've kept everything from one to five in the same tank. They do team up
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new