Two clown pairs in a 180, working so far

  • Thread starter Thread starter 125mph
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

125mph

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2016
Messages
871
Reaction score
305
Location
San Diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had premium perculas for about 10 years and saw a pair of nice saddlebacks. Went through the QT and introduced them into the tank two months ago.

The original perculas always hang around the right corner of the tank and interesting, the saddles choose the left corner.

No nems in tank.

No fighting and no chasing. Maybe a bit lucky.

I know this is a topic before so might help someone else thinking of the same.

IMG_3565.jpeg


IMG_3564.jpeg
 
(Where did you buy them? Did you QT them?)

Any chance of seeing a video? 😍
 
I tried this several years ago with an established pair of mochas by adding a smaller plain ocellaris. Plenty of space and nems, with the mochas hanging out in a giant mag. for a several months (maybe even a year) things were great but one day it was like a switch went off and they killed the new one…go figure.
 
Those are beautiful fish and really nice tank. Its great everything is going smooth. In my past tanks I'd have some chasing and territorial issues when I had an established anemone hosting my clownfish. Without an anemone I noticed a lot less chasing and fighting. It was pretty interesting to see.
 
Hoping to try a harem of around 4-5 in my 170 gallon soon. Starting them all off from juveniles for the best chance.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new