Two face paly queston ( PD and NG)

firsttime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefers, I recently bought a two face paly ( combination of purple death and nuclear green). Can I expect to get babies that look the same? or will be babies be different.

Is there anything I can do to help make sure that the babies are two face.

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a 2 face paly in a group buy and over time it ended up simply being a purple death. I have found with grafts that one of the corals eventually takes over.

Gonzo

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my 2 colonies mixed, if you get a 2 face it will eventually become 1 or the other

IMG_9502.jpg

euphoricgear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two face was created by slicing a purple death and nuclear green and gluing them together. I forgot who did that but I gave him the name. :D

Some I've heard this happens too by putting two colonies together and they would create a combination of both. Looks pretty cool though.
But I've always thought that it would start creating babies as two face too. Could never find the thread again so I never found out what happened.

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had them do all of the above: make two faced babies, make normal babies, or morph back to normal....who knows.

mikezalewski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool twoface paly. I have heard that this is almost impossible to get completed. I have talked to other people that have had the two next to each other and they never had even one twoface. I think that this is sweet looking but with everything that others have said here and else where I do not think that this is even worth trying. I would be a bit upset with the idea that after all the hard work that the twoface just puts out regular pd or ng palys.

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend JimC here in Michigan was able to get Two Face palys by placing purple deaths and nuclear green on the same plug.

Here is a photo from JimC:

Two-Face.jpg

Thanks,

Sonny

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 47 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 5.0%
Back