Two halichoeres wrasses in QT

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to keep two halchoeres wrasses in QT. A halichoeres chrysus (yellow coris wrasse) and a halichoeres timorensis (orange dashed wrasse). Can it be done without them battling in such a small space?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably yes for females if added at the same time...I had a leopard, Coris, Timor in a 25g for 6months but plenty of live rock/hiding spots.

My Timor is fairly aggressive to new additions now (in a 80g) that she is established and much larger.

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering the same thing. I'm looking for juvenile or at least young female H. biocellatus and H chrysus and QT is 15gal.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering the same thing. I'm looking for juvenile or at least young female H. biocellatus and H chrysus and QT is 15gal.
You'd probably be okay with those two together, but a 15 could still be pushing it. That's just not much tank if things go wrong.

OP
OP
nkyreef

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd choose another fish but I'm hooked on wrasses at the moment. I've been trying to QT two fish at a time as well to get them in the DT quicker. Quarantine is such a long process.

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you evolved. It is kind of what I figured. I have kept both of these wrasses together before but in a much larger tank. Never even a hint of an issue between them but in small confines one never knows for certain.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 gallon QT. Timor is about 2". I have 1 container of sand but haven't seen him/her use it.
If they're both small (<2"), then you might be able to do it - but also recognize that water quality could degrade somewhat quickly. It'll take extra attention from you.
Thank you evolved. It is kind of what I figured. I have kept both of these wrasses together before but in a much larger tank. Never even a hint of an issue between them but in small confines one never knows for certain.
If you're experienced in QT and ready to keep an eye on things, it will help a bunch! :)

OP
OP
nkyreef

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they're both small (<2"), then you might be able to do it - but also recognize that water quality could degrade somewhat quickly. It'll take extra attention from you.

If you're experienced in QT and ready to keep an eye on things, it will help a bunch! :)
Thanks for the advice @evolved. I'm trying to get the tank nice and stocked waiting for that lineatus or rhomboid to come around.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back