Two juvenile mantis in one tank ?

Godsbane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might catch some flak for this but I have had 12 moray eels in the same tank before so ...

Two x Juveniles (2 inchers) in the same tank) - has anybody tried and any advice ?

Stomatopods17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mantis shrimp tails have evolved specifically to fight other mantis shrimp. They will fight to death the second they encounter each other and they usually won't give up.

They are highly HIGHLY solitary creatures that don't tolerate each other, there's a couple species that will form mated pairs but not only is this extremely unlikely to achieve but those species are difficult to either find suitable pairs for or the species itself is rare to find.

The only two I know of is L. maculata, only mature individuals pair, and the mature female stays very far down in the burrow (these burrows can be very deep and are U shaped so no one digs to actually collect them, that's why female L. maculatas in general are extremely rare to find for sale), and O. latirostris which.. gl finding one and keeping two very ammonia and oxygen fragil species alive at the same time.

Last edited:

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mantis shrimp tails have evolved specifically to fight other mantis shrimp. They will fight to death the second they encounter each other and they usually won't give up.

They are highly HIGHLY solitary creatures that don't tolerate each other, there's a couple species that will form mated pairs but not only is this extremely unlikely to achieve but those species are difficult to either find suitable pairs for or the species itself is rare to find.

The only two I know of is L. maculata, only mature individuals pair, and the mature female stays very far down in the burrow (these burrows can be very deep and are U shaped so no one digs to actually collect them, that's why female L. maculatas in general are extremely rare to find for sale, and O. latirostris which.. gl finding one and keep two very ammonia and oxygen fragil species alive at the same time.

very cool video

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%

Back