132 DT Potential stock list - Am I overstocking? Missing utility fish?

phillygeeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am just about to get a 132 gallon DT wet. It is a Red Sea Reffer 625 G2. The dimensions are 59"L x 23.6"H x 25.6"W

I feel like I might be overstocking just a little or is this a good list? Any aggression issues foreseen? Utility fish I may be missing?

I plan to have a decent amount of swimming room with 3 islands of live rock that go no higher than 50% height of the tank. However, that may result in potentially less rock/hiding areas

Potential stock list:

Biota yellow tang

Gem tang

2 pyramid butterfly

sapphire damsel

rhomboid wrasse

Oreni tilefish

bimaculatus anthias 4

tomini tang - already have juvenile
2 ocellaris - already have juvenile

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 gallons per fish is a bit much dont you think. Where they all gonna sleep?

OP
OP
phillygeeks

phillygeeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 gallons per fish is a bit much dont you think. Where they all gonna sleep?
I appreciate it. I know I never like to share hotel rooms with anyone:face-with-tears-of-joy:. Yes, I think I mentioned I felt this probably a little overstocked. I had a list for a bigger tank that I am trying to trim down and I am looking for a little input. I am having a little difficulty trimming the list from here. Maybe 3 anthias and a single pyramid butterfly (I don't have personal experience with this fish but I read they like to be at least a pair)

I know it doesn't help the footprint of the DT but there is the sump volume and another 50 gallon reservoir plumbed in that I will only close off for when doing water changes

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not water volume it’s space.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate it. I know I never like to share hotel rooms with anyone:face-with-tears-of-joy:. Yes, I think I mentioned I felt this probably a little overstocked. I had a list for a bigger tank that I am trying to trim down and I am looking for a little input. I am having a little difficulty trimming the list from here. Maybe 3 anthias and a single pyramid butterfly (I don't have personal experience with this fish but I read they like to be at least a pair)

I know it doesn't help the footprint of the DT but there is the sump volume and another 50 gallon reservoir plumbed in that I will only close off for when doing water changes
just watch water quality if you go with that list and have dense rockwork with caves . I just would re think two zebrasoma tangs since its not a six foot tank, they will probably be cranky with each other in that space

OP
OP
phillygeeks

phillygeeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just watch water quality if you go with that list and have dense rockwork with caves . I just would re think two zebrasoma tangs since its not a six foot tank, they will probably be cranky with each other in that space
I was wondering about that with the tangs. My thought was the yellow would likely be more juvenile so let it establish for a couple months before adding a gem tang or add them both at the same time after the other fish have established.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering about that with the tangs. My thought was the yellow would likely be more juvenile so let it establish for a couple months before adding a gem tang or add them both at the same time after the other fish have established.
Might add the gem and yellow at the same time unless theres a huge size difference between the yellow and gem!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might add the gem and yellow at the same time unless theres a huge size difference between the yellow and gem!
I had a adult purple and a biota baby tang, I added the baby first before the adult purple and the purple didnt even look twice at him with how small he was. He was kinda a butt when he started to grow and would try to take on the purple but she always put him in his place

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s three tangs and a Tomini is pretty peaceful. Like others mentioned add the gem and yellow at the same time and I personally think it would be fine.

Disclaimer I’m nothing close to an expert and refer to others experience but so far my tangs are ok together.

I have a hippo, yellow, and Achilles in a Red Sea 750. Contemplating a gem but may be hard that now the Achilles is in.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back