Two Newer Shops in MA

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'm not the only one from the club in Mass.

I stumbled across two newer shops in the Worcester area today.

Reef Junkeez in Auburn and Fishy Frags in Charlton. They are about 17 minutes apart. There is also a fresh water shop, Lucky's Aquarium, a little further north in Worcester (I didn't stop here).

Reef Junkeez is a pretty small shop, but they have a pretty good selection and decent prices. Frags start at $10 and are high quality. They have a really cool display setup as well. Focused mostly on coral with a few tanks for fish (currently have a peacock mantis for sale).

Fishy Frags has been open since August. He hasn't been able to get shipments in for the past few weeks, so the selection is a bit pared down at the moment. He is planning on expanding quite a bit in the next month or two. Very fair on prices. A little bit of freshwater livestock in addition to the coral and salt water fish.

Gordon Tuttle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the update on the new shops. I haven’t found the “one”coral/saltwater shop yet in Connecticut (and might never find it, so disappointed Exotic Fin and Feather closed its doors for good). And might just take a winter road trip to check these out

OP
OP
S

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was talking with another member about visiting a shop or two after work one day in the next week or two. I thought it might be a cool idea to schedule some meetups at local shops. Maybe get a bunch of people to meet up at one shop, then carpool over to another store. Maybe do a small LFS tour one weekend.

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a
I was talking with another member about visiting a shop or two after work one day in the next week or two. I thought it might be a cool idea to schedule some meetups at local shops. Maybe get a bunch of people to meet up at one shop, then carpool over to another store. Maybe do a small LFS tour one weekend.

We have a plan. Stay tuned.

OP
OP
S

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take it that means that the discussions have been successful and members are able to step up to fill positions on the board?

[I wish I could commit to helping run things, but the meetings are too far away and my weekends are too busy during the warmer months.]

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back