Two questions....Sensor cables & Doser tubing length

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to send my Profilux 4 unit back for GHL to check out why the buttons don't work but I would like to continue with the setup. I've searched for these answers but it's tough to find exact examples for each situation. With how the fish area is setup in my basement, the runs from Profilux to sump are going to be extensive and I need help either figuring out what I need to suit my game plan or any ideas to make it better. The cabinet (eventually contain Profilux, KHD/Doser, ION/Doser, fluid containers) has to be located away from the sump as seen in my high quality Excel picture below.

Situation 1 - The dosing line from the KHD & ION will have a roughly 18' (12' lateral + 6' vertical) run to the dosing area within my sump. I can buy long lengths of silicone tubing but will the dosers test/dose consistently at that length?

Situation 2 - The probes coming from the Profilux to the probe area is a roughly 22' (16' lateral + 6' vertical) run. I would have to do one of three things: Buy a 25' BNC cable from a non-GHL vendor, buy a 3M & 5M for each probe from GHL, spend $340 on an expansion box. Will the probes be consistency with cables at that length with some tweaking of settings?

Side note, moving the top-off/saltwater station isn't feasible. Any ideas from the R2R family would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Controller Lengths.JPG

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Not an issue for the water sample lines to be that far away or the dosing lines to the tank being that far away either. Just make sure the solution that is used for the calibration of the ION and the KH solution are relatively close to the unit.

2. No problem I have multiple probes with extension BNC cables and they all work just fine. My only advise is if you only need 3m do Not purchase 9m. Not because it will cause issues more that your not looping excess cable in your cabinet.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 106 76.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back