Two Spot Goby love!

Freakaccident

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Two Spot Goby, Dig-Doug, is still kicking butt. If you haven't seen my other post a RQ catchup. I bought him not knowing that they were hard to keep. I have a 10g Nano. I 3d printed a little house so I could see him under the sand through the glass and I fed him via a pipette with mysis shrimp, powdered flakes, and ground-up pellets for a few days. I squirted mixtures into his little 3d house perfuming the water. He eventually started eating. Then he came out and gradually started eating normally. He now eats pellets, flakes, mysis, and copepods of course. I can put an auto feeder on for a week with him with just flakes and pellets and he is fine. He seems to like to bust up the pellets.

Anyway, he got his name, Dig-Doug, because of the old Nintendo Game Dig Dug. When I first got him he would unsettle this one rock that my clam sat on. I would fill it in and the next day the clam is back on the sand bed. I put a rock under the rock. Nope.

Doug was determined that he was going to live right there no matter what and so was the clam. I tried to re-locate them both but it would never work. Same situation every time.

So, I started thinking smarter than Doug. Doug wants his home under the clam. The clam wants to be above Doug for some weird reason but they can't be good roommates. How do I keep Doug from knocking the clam over?

I watched Doug and how he cleaned house. Then I watched water flow. I noticed that when he spit sand out of his house it blew further away and was piling up. Hrm. What If I made that sand go back into his house so it would flood and he would have to move out?

I did just that. And, that didn't work. Something else happened. Doug's house did have sand moving in like a flood. Doug had no F's to give! Doug sat there and moved the sand out even though it kept coming in. I sat there for days watching this. Here is Doug, scooping up sand and spitting it out, while it's just slowly running back in at about the same speed. Doug didn't care. Doug is happy. Watch the video of Doug doing this.

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Two Spot Goby, Dig-Doug, is still kicking butt. If you haven't seen my other post a RQ catchup. I bought him not knowing that they were hard to keep. I have a 10g Nano. I 3d printed a little house so I could see him under the sand through the glass and I fed him via a pipette with mysis shrimp, powdered flakes, and ground-up pellets for a few days. I squirted mixtures into his little 3d house perfuming the water. He eventually started eating. Then he came out and gradually started eating normally. He now eats pellets, flakes, mysis, and copepods of course. I can put an auto feeder on for a week with him with just flakes and pellets and he is fine. He seems to like to bust up the pellets.

Anyway, he got his name, Dig-Doug, because of the old Nintendo Game Dig Dug. When I first got him he would unsettle this one rock that my clam sat on. I would fill it in and the next day the clam is back on the sand bed. I put a rock under the rock. Nope.

Doug was determined that he was going to live right there no matter what and so was the clam. I tried to re-locate them both but it would never work. Same situation every time.

So, I started thinking smarter than Doug. Doug wants his home under the clam. The clam wants to be above Doug for some weird reason but they can't be good roommates. How do I keep Doug from knocking the clam over?

I watched Doug and how he cleaned house. Then I watched water flow. I noticed that when he spit sand out of his house it blew further away and was piling up. Hrm. What If I made that sand go back into his house so it would flood and he would have to move out?

I did just that. And, that didn't work. Something else happened. Doug's house did have sand moving in like a flood. Doug had no F's to give! Doug sat there and moved the sand out even though it kept coming in. I sat there for days watching this. Here is Doug, scooping up sand and spitting it out, while it's just slowly running back in at about the same speed. Doug didn't care. Doug is happy. Watch the video of Doug doing this.

Awesome

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back