Two triggers one tank

Hilltop Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5” blue throat trigger that I’ve had for about five years and was thinking of adding a pink tail trigger to the tank. The pink tail is about 6-7”. Has anyone ever tried these two together? I don’t want to start any wars in the tank so I’m going to try and put the pink tail in an acclimation box for a while and see how they react. The pink tail is in qt now.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pink tail and pair of blue jaws in a 210. The pink tail made the first male blue jump. The 2nd male I added was just a tad bigger and it was better but still rough. The pink tail was the boss of the tank and did bully the blue jaw from time to time. I think the luck of the draw to get a female pink tail might help. The pink tail has now been blind for over a year so he's not the king anymore.

Your pink tail being larger may be an issue. Bluejaws tend to pretty passive, pink tails are not known to be overly aggressive either. But on a scale, the pink tail would be a few notches above a bluejaw on aggression. Most importantly what size tank.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5” blue throat trigger that I’ve had for about five years and was thinking of adding a pink tail trigger to the tank. The pink tail is about 6-7”. Has anyone ever tried these two together? I don’t want to start any wars in the tank so I’m going to try and put the pink tail in an acclimation box for a while and see how they react. The pink tail is in qt now.
i would do it, should be no problem.

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have niger and clown in my reef

IClickxJQ9GfitqV7Dp5Ag.jpg

Slammedtoys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a pair of clown triggers

Clown trigger , Niger and Huma Huma

Huma Huma and a undulated

Should be fine

OP
OP
Hilltop Aquariums

Hilltop Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they will be fine. The pink tail is going through qt for 3 more weeks. I do have a big sailfin tang that is the boss so hopefully he can cope with it too.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back