Two watchman gobies by accident(!)

PetterWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn´t see my YWG and pistol shrimp in weeks in my 60g tank and wanted to replace the "deceased/disappeared" with a new WG. I was listening for the shrimp "cracking" but never heard it.
So I got a Randall´s Watcman Goby with a plan to add a pistol shrimp as soon as I could get hold of one.

Of course(!), the next day the missing couple appeared on the stage again! They are now happily residing in a new burrow but only show up in the opening during feeding. The new (much larger) WG is sitting under a rock - all by himself - close by.

The question now is;

a) should I leave it as is
b) add another pistol shrimp for the newcomer
(I do understand the risk of aggression and possible death for the two options above)
c) should I remove the newcomer (really don´t want to try to get the Randall´s WG out of the tank)
d) ??? suggestions

I am thankful for any good advice. I do not need the comment that I should have waited longer to see of the "original couple" actually were gone - I know that ! :rolleyes:

Thanks!

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in a perfect scenario you could add another pistol shrimp and that pistol shrimp will pair with your new goby if they can find their own burrow away from the original pair and all will live happily ever after. In a not so perfect scenario the two gobies will fight, I don’t think the two pistol shrimp will fight if they have their own burrows.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back