Type of camera for macro atinic

  • Thread starter Thread starter garra671
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
first set of pictures ive taken with my camera so far.

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg
IMG_2466.jpg
IMG_2467.jpg
 
Hmm. well see. I PM'ed the pooch. He said he'd take xenia for you.;)
 
Kidding naturally.. couldn't resist.
Keep the pics coming..PM if you have specific questions.
 
I recommend the Olympus TG-4 for macro photography. You can set the white balance to take some pretty good-looking actinic photos. I have the TG-3, which you may be able to find used for slightly cheaper - though the features are almost the same. Retail for the TG-4 is slightly more than you want to spend ($350), but you can do in-tank shots since it is waterproof and get super-close up with great detail. They are incredible cameras! They are also point-and-shoots, so very portable!

Also, these cameras have focus stacking built in.

Here are some of my recent actinic shots from the TG-3. These are all unedited, straight from the camera.











 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new