Tyree Ultimate Stag Growth Rate

  • Thread starter Thread starter kartrsu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kartrsu

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
874
Reaction score
580
Location
Glendale, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a frag. For those that have it, how fast does this staghorn grow? Benchmarking against a green slimer and Miami orchid. Thanks!
 
Not as fast as a slimer, but it's fast when it's happy. Growth tips explode everywhere and it grows tall reaching for the light. This is was 2x 1" frags last winter. About 8" now. No idea on Miami orchard growth.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2347.jpeg
    IMG_2347.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 139
Not as fast as a slimer, but it's fast when it's happy. Growth tips explode everywhere and it grows tall reaching for the light. This is was 2x 1" frags last winter. About 8" now. No idea on Miami orchard growth.
Awesome thanks for sharing! Seems like similar growth rate to Miami Orchid, which I feel is medium relative to slimer. I’m looking forward to seeing mine grow. Hope starting at 250 PAR at the base will be enough. Higher up it gets into the 350-400 range, but I want it to fill some vertical space. It’s replacing the stylo on the left.

IMG_7771.jpeg

IMG_7758.jpeg
 
I would say the Tyree Ultimate stag is a slower grower than the other two. It's also not as hardy.
 
mine was a 1.5 in frag about 3 mos ago, and has since put out 3 radial branches; i thought that was pretty quick as they're about 0.5"+ branches. I think mine is getting some low PAR, seems happy and getting the green tips. classic.
 
I actually broke the piece in half and moved the larger one into a spot with more room for it to grow. I didn’t use a filter or set the white balance in this pic. Bright yellow tips all over.

IMG_2657.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new