OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they get bigger. But my local shop will take them in trade at a more than fair store credit. I figure a year or 2 before it’s a day problem

I’m setting up a 2nd IM15. I’ll probably go with more nano inhabitants.

I have no aggression issues. Which is a plus.

I’m happy to fill the Ato bottle daily. Takes literally a minute. And solves the evaporation issue

Exodusjpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. It’s been a bit since an update.

tank is running pretty good. No algae issues. Mushrooms are splitting. Zoas spreading. Leather is getting huge. Coralline has started growing

Anemone is still white but seems very happy. Clown loves it

Im using a 1liter bottle everyday for make up water. More than I thought I would, but my salinity is constant. Best $10 spent so far.

Haven't tested anything else ever I think. Simple approach not chasing numbers.
Glad I'm not the only one going through a liter a day with the bottle ATO!

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The anemone seems to be gaining some brown color. I’m assuming this is a good thing. Still faint, but not so brilliant white.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not much to report of this tank. Diatoms on the glass are still a pia. Vermetid snails are around. I crush them whenever possible.

Corals are healthy. I’m looking forward to not having sand everywhere from a pistol shrimp in the new tank.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Zoa eating nudibranches. Ugh. Dipping daily for 3 days. Brushing any eggs off. This sucks.

NanoReef_lover143

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not much to report of this tank. Diatoms on the glass are still a pia. Vermetid snails are around. I crush them whenever possible.

Corals are healthy. I’m looking forward to not having sand everywhere from a pistol shrimp in the new tank.
I had no idea what vermetid snails are until I googled it. I read that you can glue them to get rid of them but how do you crush it? I thought about snipping them out but then thought that they might just regrow somewhere else if parts fall off?

I love reading your progress. We just started our IM15 a week ago and it's still cycling. Can you tell me what's on your chambers in the back? I added the IM caddy and kept the fiber balls, carbon and the oxide pouch. But I thik I'd like to DIY and use filter floss and carbon. What do you think?

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no idea what vermetid snails are until I googled it. I read that you can glue them to get rid of them but how do you crush it? I thought about snipping them out but then thought that they might just regrow somewhere else if parts fall off?

I love reading your progress. We just started our IM15 a week ago and it's still cycling. Can you tell me what's on your chambers in the back? I added the IM caddy and kept the fiber balls, carbon and the oxide pouch. But I thik I'd like to DIY and use filter floss and carbon. What do you think?
I use the im caddy too. I used the cotton balls and carbon. Not the gfo. I now use inTank floss. HQ and not expensive. I change mine 2x week.
I have the IM universal UV in both tanks. Heaters and pumps. The new nano reef is using an Amazon $20 Pullaco pump 400 gph. Was loud for about a week and then settled down. The anemone tank has a IM 538 running. I should swap pumps but that would require some extra work. Lol

I just crush them with a long pair of forceps. I only seem to have a couple and they are gone. I use CaCO3 powder in RO water 2x weekly to help with water clarity and general tank health. Super cheap coral snow. Works imo. See this link

my new build thread is the two towers build. Has 2 im15 builds. This tank and a new one.

NanoReef_lover143

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the im caddy too. I used the cotton balls and carbon. Not the gfo. I now use inTank floss. HQ and not expensive. I change mine 2x week.
I have the IM universal UV in both tanks. Heaters and pumps. The new nano reef is using an Amazon $20 Pullaco pump 400 gph. Was loud for about a week and then settled down. The anemone tank has a IM 538 running. I should swap pumps but that would require some extra work. Lol

I just crush them with a long pair of forceps. I only seem to have a couple and they are gone. I use CaCO3 powder in RO water 2x weekly to help with water clarity and general tank health. Super cheap coral snow. Works imo. See this link

my new build thread is the two towers build. Has 2 im15 builds. This tank and a new one.
sounds cool! so you have the caddy in the 1st chamber and the inTank floss in the 2nd one?

I used my glass cleaner that has the razor and scrapped it but I found 3 and lost it so hopefully it's not going to grow somewhere else.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I use the IM 1st chamber insert and use floss and carbon on the 2 shelves. The inTank floss is a brand. Click here. Middle chamber of tank in UV and heater.

Vermetid snails are part of the
Hobby. Keep them in check. Hard to avoid without long quarantine times.

NanoReef_lover143

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I use the IM 1st chamber insert and use floss and carbon on the 2 shelves. The inTank floss is a brand. Click here. Middle chamber of tank in UV and heater.

Vermetid snails are part of the
Hobby. Keep them in check. Hard to avoid without long quarantine times.
AHHH. Thanks for that. :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back