UA Website semi-operational

Anchor10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fellow reefers...

There's a lot going on behind the scenes at UA. Just want to let you know that we are getting the website up again. www.theultimateaquarium.com

The front page has been freshened up some, and we will be posting new coral arrivals for purchase on the internet -- but for local hobbyists it will be a good way to see what we have in stock.

I am working with our web designer to finish up soem things on the banking end before we can post all the images.

We'll also be adding a store tour/photo section and...

I'd like to add photos of YOUR tanks. Please e-mail me full shots of your aquariums and some nice close ups of your fish and corals. I'd like to label each with your name or screen name whichever you prefer, so please include that as well. Coral/fish names would also be appreciated.

I may be adding a big screen monitor in the store which would also include these photos, along with messages to customers.

E-mail to [email protected]

John

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definately cool!!!! Seems to be a good amount of progress going on out there!! Very good news!!!

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW.......what kind of picture resolution do you need? b/c i imagine you would need 800x600 for the website pics, and pics 3x bigger for a big screen monitor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Anchor10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send the largest file you have. I'll resize them to fit the web. Looking forward to seeing what y'all got!

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send the largest file you have. I'll resize them to fit the web. Looking forward to seeing what y'all got!

lol largest file would be around 32MB. i may have to give you a CD. ;)

but in all honesty, this is a fantastic idea!! especially the part about the big flat screen in the store rotating images of fantastic local tanks. i think its a great marketing feature to have if you can't have a big fancy show tank to show your customers right away.

John, I'm gonna send you a Private Message, be sure to check your inbox.

Is there any kick back for sending pictures for you to use?

another good idea! ;) but the free advertisement of your tank may be enough (and maybe a small discount card...lol), as long as your name and email address are showed on the pictures as they are displayed. would be a good way for other reefers not privy to the forums to get in touch with other people who have similar coral interest for trading purposes.

OP
OP
A

Anchor10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK got it -- don't send the 32 mb photo! Glad to see you all are interested. I think it would be a good touch and not something anyone has seen before!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back