UC Pom Pom Colony

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys at the last unique corals sale I picked up a frag of the Pom Pom I was just wondering what the colony looks like can't really find anything about the coral. It started out brown when I got it but since changed to red but now is changing to a green and red looks like I may be able to pull a cool color from this piece was just wondering what I should expect with this piece. Here is a pic I took yesterday.
IMG_0780.jpg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have the biggest frag out there. UC is prone to getting stuff in, chopping, naming and selling. It can be years before anybody has a colony or to see if it will catch on a named coral. I have never heard of it, but that does not mean much.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well in that case it won't be called the UC Pom Pom I am going to call it DP Sexy Scarlett and charge 1000$ for a 1/8in sized frag lol but just for this forum I am giving everybody a 100$ discount free shipping and doubling the size...DM me if interested. All jokes aside I am excited to see what this coral turns out to be!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it turns out to be spectacular and worthy of a $1000 price tag, then go for it. I am serious. They would rename one of yours with their own name to try and cash in.

UC, Vivid, WWC all name run-of-the-mill mari and wild stuff to get a few more bucks and we get a few posts a week about some unknown named frag from a few months ago that the vendors probably don't have anymore. All of them have hit on some beauties, but not all of them are. Only time will tell.

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it turns out to be spectacular and worthy of a $1000 price tag, then go for it. I am serious. They would rename one of yours with their own name to try and cash in.

UC, Vivid, WWC all name run-of-the-mill mari and wild stuff to get a few more bucks and we get a few posts a week about some unknown named frag from a few months ago that the vendors probably don't have anymore. All of them have hit on some beauties, but not all of them are. Only time will tell.

Glad someone else finally sees it. WWC seems to be one of the worst offenders here too. I’ve seen a single coral get renamed over and over again.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a standard Sarmentosa acropora. Thousands get shipped out every month I would guess. Bueatiful coral. It the only name it deserves is sarmentosa. Unless a new color comes up but I haven’t seen anything but green and red.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah nothing special. Still a nice looking piece. I have a mint sarementosa from BC and I just live that coral so this fits in nicely.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_0238.jpeg

This is where the main colony used to sit awhile ago lol thats why their is not vertical growth. honestly when I pulled the piece off this wasn't supposed to survive...glad it did it has an electric appearance in person.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back