ufo for refugium light?

ProfitOfDoom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well caught a somewhat decent sale on a new sump,and got a trigger 34" coming. It has a 14x14x14 size refugium . This is my first try at a refugium and just going to try to grow Cheato and see how it works out for me. So looks like the Kessil H380 is the top dog,,But not only is it expensive I think it's overkill for my size fuge..So I was pretty set on the Kessil H80 light for around $125.00. That got good reviews and the price is more my speed and think the size is more in my department as well.

But as I was doing reviews and searching the cheap UFO light kept popping up and from what I see it does a great job all for around $30. So Im pretty sure im going to give it a try,Im sure build quality isnt as good as a kessil but from what im told,This UFO will grow the same amount of cheato.

So just before I put the order in,,any other light better for the money? Also looks like they also have a 200w version UFO,,Im pretty sure 150w is good enough for me,But what do you think?.. Let me know.. Thanks!

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's way more light than I ever used! I had a couple of the 18W LED grow lights on my 10 ish G fuge and they grew cheato well. I'm sure the light you have picked out will do great!

Whiskey

Malkbone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used several lights, I started with a led pannel thinking it would give me better light over a big area to a standard e26 bulb. I quickly realized the output was nowhere close to 45w, so I searched again and found this grow light that has absolutely ridiculous amounts of light output and an assortment of spectrums. taotronics 36w led grow light on Amazon, I can't seem to link to the product.

However proper growth goes beyond just good lighting, I didn't notice any significant growth until I dosed Fe&M. Lighting is certainly important, but many people say they get crazy growth with just a cfl 5500k bulb from HomeDepot.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back