UK newbie - POWER CUTS - advice sought

  • Thread starter Thread starter TOM-779
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TOM-779

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2025
Messages
367
Reaction score
395
Location
UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all,

Well early this morning I awoke to snow and blizzards - followed by power cuts.

As I am about to set up my first nano which is going to be a 13.5 Evo tank.
The power cut got me thinking about how I would protect my tank in such an event.

So I posted this to ask you all protect your tanks during a power cut?

Many Thanks

Tom - UK
 
Largest thing with a power outage is the oxygen getting depleted due to lack of water movement. At the least, get a couple of battery powered air pumps, these are cheap insurance during power outages. Certainly, redundancies range from the battery power air pump up to fully automated generator system. Much will depend on your budget and what you've got invested in your tank.

I hope this helps, and I' sure others will have further advice 🙂
 
Hi Fish Fan Thank you for your advice
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new