UK reefing friend

MarineREEFpassion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’m reaching out to any of our overseas reefing hobbyist. I’m trying to buy a Corrente water flow meter set up but no one ships to the states. Trying to see if someone in the UK would be willing to ship to me here in the states? If not it’s cool, just wanted to reach out and ask. happy reefing from the states

30E0CD03-F5CA-41A2-BCB3-3F50E2BFCC33.jpeg

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I use to get items in the UK or Europe.
They give you a UK shipping address and then forward you the items.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’m reaching out to any of our overseas reefing hobbyist. I’m trying to buy a Corrente water flow meter set up but no one ships to the states. Trying to see if someone in the UK would be willing to ship to me here in the states? If not it’s cool, just wanted to reach out and ask. happy reefing from the states

You know BRS makes a flow meter.

OP
OP
MarineREEFpassion

MarineREEFpassion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know BRS makes a flow meter.

Yeah they only offer the Apex and it isn’t very reliable at all. Just surprised they only offer one out of all of their products. Plus I’m not a big Apex fan, their an over rated over priced product. Had it and sold it all lol. Thanks for reaching out though.

OP
OP
MarineREEFpassion

MarineREEFpassion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I use to get items in the UK or Europe.
They give you a UK shipping address and then forward you the items.
How do I go about to do that? I’ve reached out to a few UK companies that sell the item and none have ever offered such an option.

Tigs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey, have your got this? I don't mind helping if still needed. Cheers

OP
OP
MarineREEFpassion

MarineREEFpassion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, have your got this? I don't mind helping if still needed. Cheers
Hey thanks for checking in on my issue lol. I unfortunately have not had any luck getting one of those flow meters. Are you willing to ship me one?

Tigs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks for checking in on my issue lol. I unfortunately have not had any luck getting one of those flow meters. Are you willing to ship me one?
yeah sure, i don't mind helping out. you can buy what you like send it to my home and i'm happy to forward it on to you. I'm amazed they won't ship abroad to be honest.

OP
OP
MarineREEFpassion

MarineREEFpassion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah sure, i don't mind helping out. you can buy what you like send it to my home and i'm happy to forward it on to you. I'm amazed they won't ship abroad to be honest.
That’s awesome! Thanks for reaching out and helping!
I asked a couple companies, including the Japanese manufacture that same question. Apparently our postal service, USPS has stringent over seas requirements from manufacturers on deliveries. It makes no sense to me though because China sure has no problems sending their crap here lol. Sounds like a trade Feud to me. It just sucks for us consumers here in the states.
where are you located?

Centurio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome! Thanks for reaching out and helping!
I asked a couple companies, including the Japanese manufacture that same question. Apparently our postal service, USPS has stringent over seas requirements from manufacturers on deliveries. It makes no sense to me though because China sure has no problems sending their crap here lol. Sounds like a trade Feud to me. It just sucks for us consumers here in the states.
where are you located?

Can I get in on this? I need a couple of them as well, and I am fed up with Apex flow meters.

OP
OP
MarineREEFpassion

MarineREEFpassion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I get in on this? I need a couple of them as well, and I am fed up with Apex flow meters.
I know right lol. These Apex flow meters are far from accurate lol. I have a 2” flow sensor that showed it was only putting out a max of 678 GPH from a 3100 GPH pump. So I changed it for a 5770 GPH pump with a 32’ max head pressure, and the most it says is going through it is 948. I’ve only got a couple 45 elbow and about 3’ of pipe so I’m thinking it’s way off. Plus I have a 1/2” that had a 650 GPH pump and said it was only putting out 128 GPH with one 90 and 1’ of pipe lol. So I changed that one as well to a 1350 GPH pump and it shows only 197 GPH going through it. No way on God’s green earth that these pumps are loosing more than 2/3 of their power.

Back