Ultra High Definition Microscope Camera + Apple = The Microbes (What's in you Reef)?

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to share as a hobbyist that what the naked eye cannot detect, you can really identify the microbes with a student microscope and some few editing techniques, now sit back and enjoy what I have the honor of sharing with my reefing community.

OP
OP
Micro-Reefs Aquarium

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever wonder what is found in one drop of pond water near your home? Here is Florida the microbes are in the millions, careful you don't let your pets drink this water. Watch closely as you see the microbe give birth at the end to a cluster of eggs. I used bright field microscopy and then dark field microscopy to engage the microbe into feeling safe to give birth in the night.

OP
OP
Micro-Reefs Aquarium

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever wonder what it's like to be a microbe and have to fear for your life that another doesn't find you and devour you into the night? Here you see a hyrdra fearing for it's life as a nematode worm search for dinner.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What microscope are you using?

OP
OP
Micro-Reefs Aquarium

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the music with the video.
Please share the videos with your reefing friends and make sure you tell them to turn speakers on for full effect.

I take my time looking for the perfect music to introduce these short videos for others to enjoy.

No need to subscribe or like I am not into any of that just have fun spreading the coolness of the microbes they are in your water and now they can entertain us just a little in only one drop of water.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back