Ummmm Vivid living up to the name!

wish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anybody has a pict beside the vendor? I would to see it in different lighting.

Thanks!

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one they posted of a daylight photo.

IMG_0037.PNG

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 I don't know what to expect anymore these days with the accepted royal blue/uv led pics with gel filters etc. The results can be quite artificial looking to the real thing in person. If this coral looked like this under 12-14k spectrum I would sell my wife's sister for it :D

Such a strange response tbh, since most people don't run a 12-14k lighting spectrum. Most of the big name companies don't use any gel filters such as BC and RR. The results truly are as impressive if not more captivating in person, but to each there own I guess?

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a strange response tbh, since most people don't run a 12-14k lighting spectrum. Most of the big name companies don't use any gel filters such as BC and RR. The results truly are as impressive if not more captivating in person, but to each there own I guess?

Strange response? I would think it's a pretty common response when interested in a thousand dollar frag. Just because most of us have all different color LED's doesn't mean that a jacked up photo under blues, reds, and UV's is the best representation. I am not local to Vivid Aquarium and won't be able too see this coral in person. I've been keeping SPS a very long time and I'm aware of attainable colors. By no means am I saying that these aren't attainable colors, just curious if it looks blah under daylight (14k in my case), the majority of my photoperiod. So many high end frags look plain unless they're under blue LED, I like to avoid these SPS. FYI I saw their daylight pic on Instagram and it still looks awesome!

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange response? I would think it's a pretty common response when interested in a thousand dollar frag. Just because most of us have all different color LED's doesn't mean that a jacked up photo under blues, reds, and UV's is the best representation. I am not local to Vivid Aquarium and won't be able too see this coral in person. I've been keeping SPS a very long time and I'm aware of attainable colors. By no means am I saying that these aren't attainable colors, just curious if it looks blah under daylight (14k in my case), the majority of my photoperiod. So many high end frags look plain unless they're under blue LED, I like to avoid these SPS. FYI I saw their daylight pic on Instagram and it still looks awesome!

Gotcha man. Wasn't trying to be hostile, but that's a close representation to what most radion, Ai, and kessil users would be able to obtain.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome piece. Tenuis are the best when it comes to insane colors in acros

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be in LA next month, I'm gonna have to stop in at Vivid. I'm looking forward to seeing this piece as well as some of the other corals I've seen coming from there recently.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I agree with this ten fold.........I don't want any mediocre colored acros that only look good with a bunch of over the top blue light compensation............it's just putting lipstick on a pig.

I like my tank to look like a reef not a black light poster or a Windex bottle.

On the coral------- I'd be surprised if this acro had better colors than the rainbow tenuis you had. If it compares & proves this out over time, then I'd be interested once it gets down to a realistic price.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like to get between a fool their money, but I agree with the above too. The photos are greasy, white frag plugs are discolored. The sand in the "daylight" pic is also blueish/purple and nowhere near daylight. Anybody expecting this coral to look anything like this outside of photoshop will probably be disappointed. This one has Walt Disney Part 2 written all over it.

It is probably a very nice coral that people would be really happy with if it was represented appropriately and expectations were realistic. I have Westside Tort that is Big Bird yellow (like the yellow that you don't see in coral) under the same lights and filters that people would puke to buy, but it is not real either and I don't post it as such even though I could probably sell some frags at $1000 apiece, or ship a hunk to a vendor on fee split to do the same thing.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other industries have teenagers going bananas over boy bands, our's has adults going crazy for underwater plants :D

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Reefraft doesnt use gel filters lol? Adam on the otherhand pictures are gorgeous.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Photoshop isnt even an issue now adays. People are buying corals with high expectations, pictured under heavy blues, with a scratched up thick blood orange gel filter, and arent happy with it. Some colors you can only see with a gel filter so UNLESS you view your tank with a gel filter, then why buy it. I never seen this acro in person, but i can almost 99% guarantee this coral (colors) looks like how its presented. Wether its under blues or whites. Other then that undershoot with the exposure, its prob not that vibrant in person. Think its under radions, stick that under some white/blue t5 bulbs and itll look washed out.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back