Unable to connect to profilux4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

liam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost connectivity with my profilux4,hotspot and wifi, led status is green but my network states no internet for the hotspot. My router seems to have assigned a different IP to my profilux4.
I have been trying to rectify the issue with no success via hotspot/ wifi reconfigure so I have attempted to resolve via the control center but I cannot connect with that either.
I have downloaded the lastest control center,have the 64 bit driver, windows 10 and an Intel chipset. The control center was working with this same laptop.
I have a ticket with ghl, waiting on a response.
Does anyone have an idea to get my control center working so I can get in and figure this out,thanks

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "No internet" message is irrelevant since your controller is not the one providing internet access. In short, disregard that message. As long as you can connect to the hotspot and the Wi-Fi light is yellow, you can restore local connection.

See section, "ProfiLux will not connect to my Wi-Fi network".

OP
OP
L

liam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "No internet" message is irrelevant since your controller is not the one providing internet access. In short, disregard that message. As long as you can connect to the hotspot and the Wi-Fi light is yellow, you can restore local connection.

See section, "ProfiLux will not connect to my Wi-Fi network".
Hi thanks Vinny, I have been all over the troubleshooting guides and cannot reset the connection. My led is green not yellow, my existing profilux4 network is still in my network list and I cannot seem to delete it to start a fresh. If I try to reconfigure per the guide a new network is not created.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why start fresh when you can grab the IP address from your router settings? You're just giving yourself more work for no reason. :)

Every router has a settings page that shows a list of connected devices. Find it in your router settings and there you will see the new IP address which was assigned by your router. The green Wi-Fi light being ON means it's connected to your network, so there is nothing you need to change in the ProfiLux Wi-Fi settings.

The other way to do it is to connect via myGHL and get the assigned IP address from the NETWORK page. Steps are provided in the KB article.

OP
OP
L

liam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Vinny, I did get the IP address from my router list and entered it into the settings/ip address for my profilux4 hotspot connection in the app but I still cannot connect, I also checked my router was allowing the connection which it is,my device is not showing up in my ghl

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to connect through your network, hotspot has nothing to do with it.

You should have 2 local connections displayed in the "My Devices" page of the app. One is for local access and one for connecting via the controller's hotspot (backup connection). If you don't have a local connection made, create one.

1. Press Add Device, choose the device, select Add a configured device
2. Type-in the IP address of your controller
3. Connect

Make sure the phone or tablet you're using is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

If you're still having trouble with it, open a support ticket so we can help one-on-one.

OP
OP
L

liam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Vinny, yes I have a local connection and I have entered the ip address,still cannot connect. I have a ticket open and am waiting for a response, thanks greatly for your help though, I will wait for support to get back to me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back